As a non-profit, we receive no local, state or federal funding and rely solely on donations, fundraising and occasional grants. Below you will find a list of our most needed items as well as simple ways to help us continue our mission of helping the animals and people of Ottawa County.
Our Wish List
- Purina Cat Chow (Complete, Naturals, Gentle or Indoor)
- Purina One, Pure Balance, Nature's Recipe or Nutrish Dry and/or Wet Dog Food
- Friskies or Fancy Feast Wet Cat Food
- Purina Kitten Chow or Iams Kitten Food
- Fancy Feast Wet Kitten Food
- Dog & Cat Treats
- Dog & Cat Toys
- Paper Towels, Magic Erasers, Cleaning Supplies
- Heavy Duty Garbage Bags (13 & 30 Gallon Sizes)
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Fabric Softener Sheets
- Monetary Donations (Please take into consideration that we have the following operating costs: Utilities, Staffing, Veterinary Bills and Building Maintenance)
Other Great Ideas:
- In Lieu of gifts for a Birthday, Wedding or Special Occasion...Ask for Donations to the Humane Society.
- Remember Us When Estate Planning
- Sponsor a Pet at the Shelter
- Sign Up For AmazonSmile and Kroger Community Rewards. These companies donate to us based on your sales amounts and it is of no cost to you. See links below for details.
Check out our AmazonSmile wish list, too!
Help the shelter by choosing The Humane Society of Ottawa County for your Kroger Community Rewards Card! Access your Kroger Card online and choose Community Rewards - you still keep your Kroger Points and we get a donation from Kroger! Everybody wins!!!!
Visit www.kroger.com to enroll!
A HUGE Thank You!
The Humane Society receives an average of $150 per month because of your donated items!
We LOVE your support!
The Humane Society of Ottawa County
What Goes In ???
- Clothes such as pants, jeans, skirts, dresses, suits, shorts, shirts, tees, tanks
- Outerwear such as coats, jackets, gloves, hats, scarves
- Footwear such as shoes, boots, heels, sneakers, sandals, socks, tights
- Undergarments such as bras, underwear, slips, camisoles
- Accessories such as hats, belts, ties, scarves, headbands
- Handbags, wallets, totes, luggage, backpacks, briefcases
- Linens such as towels, sheets, comforters, blankets, tablecloths
Clothes Bins are available 24/7.
Please make sure all items are in bags.